Wednesday, May 28, 2014

The Stomach Bug that Wasn't

You know that feeling when you wake up in the middle of the night because someone was calling for you, and you know before you get there why? Puke. Everywhere. Ruined a rug, actually. That was Jacob recently.

Immediately after cleaning everything and everyone up, you do the next smart thing- get a bowl for the sick one, then drape towels over everything and then go back to bed and wait for the next time they are sick. Unless, of course, you have embarked on an essential oil journey. Then you head back to your room so you can get on your computer and find out what oil will help with vomit. And you pray really hard that there is one. 

It just happened that my sister-in-law had generously given me a bottle of an oil blend called Di-Gize. And this just happened to be the oil that was recommended for an upset stomach. So, I diluted some peppermint oil and rubbed it on Jacob's stomach (also good for upset tummies and also a fever reducer!) and dripped some Di-Gize into his belly button- because that's what someone on Pinterest said they did- and rubbed it in and then I went back to my bed and waited. 

The next time I woke up was when my alarm went off at 6am. 

I cannot say for sure if the oils prevented him from getting sick again, or if he was only going to puke once anyway, I'm just saying that it appears that the oils worked. And for about the millionth time, I'm floored. He still experienced the symptoms of a stomach bug the next day- he didn't want to eat, he wanted to lay around and wasn't very interested in doing anything, but there was no more vomit and really, what more could a mother ask for? 

Everyday something new comes up and I turn to the oils first and find that usually, no further action is needed. Just tonight Kaylen got stung by a yellow jacket. If you've ever been the recipient of one of those stings, then you know they can be excruciatingly painful. A single drop of an oil blend called Purification and a few minutes later, the pain was gone, Kaylen was back to her normal crazy, small self. 

In a day and age when healthcare is increasingly costly and a laborious process of taking one sick kid and your other two well kids to the doctor and leaving with three sick kids, I absolutely love that I have options at my fingertips. Options that are perfectly safe, options we can never grow immune to, options that are cost effective and most important, options that are effective

Essential oils are not magic, I can't say that if you rub Di-Gize in your belly button that your next stomach bug experience will be the same as Jacob's. All I'm saying is you won't know until you try and really, what do you have to lose? 


PS. I think it's also worth noting that no one else got sick. It could be that we were never going to anyways, or it could be that I diffused thieves into the air and rubbed it on our feet. Thieves is an oil blend that among a gazillion other things, builds up your immune system and kills airborne bacteria. Just sayin. 

Find out for yourself how amazing these oils are. Contact me for info on how to get started. Trust me, it's worth it. Email me jsmith10204@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment