Monday, June 2, 2014

This


Read this blog today and boy did it resonate with me. As you can imagine, me and my little line of ducklings attract a good bit of attention wherever we go. 


People, even the well-meaning ones, can make the most idiotic, insensitive comments, my least favorite being, "You know how that happens right?"  

Well, yes, obviously

I love her answer to the question of how many kids they plan to have- 

"But honestly, the only answer for the impertinent question of how many 
children I am going to have is: all of them."

All of them.  I love that so much. 

Adding another child to the family is a big decision. One that isn't made lightly, but when one considers that children are a tangible evidence of the love and goodness of God, then how can you not want a house full? 

We are a few weeks away from adding number four to our family and yes, it's really hard to have three. It's really hard to have three and be pregnant with number four. It scares me to death to think about how I'm going to wrangle all these kids, four of them 5 and under.

 But it's so much worse to contemplate the alternative. No kids. A silent house. My heart aches for those who want what I have and can't. But it aches even more for those who don't want it at all. They are the ones who miss out the most. 

And when you count the fingers and toes, when those softly dimpled arms reach for you, when smacking wet kisses and grimy hugs greet you, when they crawl in your lap and rest a tired head on your shoulder, and when they utterly capture your heart with their absolute innocence, you know this is the best thing that ever happened to you. 




1 comment: