Sunday, September 1, 2013

How to Kill Fruit Flies and 11 Questions Answered

Q. How can I take great pictures of my kids?
A. Don't. Pay someone to do it for you. Click here if you need proof.

Q. I think I want to do an easy plank wall that I've seen tutorials for on Pinterest, it will be easy, right?
A. No. Are you crazy?

Q. My kids don't get along, what should I do? 
A. Send them to Grammies. 

Q. I can't get rid of fruit flies, what should I do?
A. Don't put your bananas in the fridge like I did. Nasty things will happen. Instead, get a cup or bottle and fold paper into a cone shape. Pour a small amount of apple cider vinegar into the bottom of the cup, add the paper cone and watch the magic. The fruit flies will get in, but can't get out. I call it the Cone of Death. It really works. 

Q. I see so many pins on Pinterest that are THE BEST of something or IT REALLY WORKS, or IT'S SO EASY, is this really true?
A. No, it's mostly lies and people just trying to get you to read their blog. Rarely is anything the best ever, rarely does it work and it is NEVER easy. Ever. 

Q. Is it true that my kid needs to know 100 things before Kindergarten? 
A. No. Now give him a shovel and send him to the backyard. All he needs is dirt under his fingernails. 

Q. My child can write their name and they are only four. Can yours?
A. No, he cannot write his name. But he can drive a nail as good as his dad. Can your kid do that?

Q. I saw a mom doing something that I'd never do. She _____________. (fill in blank, could be fed her kid french fries, fed her kid chick-fil-a for two consecutive meals, used the tv as a babysitter, bribed good behavior, left one of the kids at home accidentally, walked away from the baby on the changing table and they fell off...you name it). Can you believe it?
A. Yes. And you will too. Mark my words. 

Q. I was helping my husband cut grass and ran over a rope that got tangled into the blade. What should I do?
A. Do what I did. Park it and get inside asap. 

Q. My house is always a mess and I don't know what do to about it. Any tips?
A. Yes, stop. Just stop. Let it be messy. In a few years it will be painfully neat and hollow and bare. Enjoy the mess. Every mom has to learn this lesson.

Q. Was this helpful?
A. It was the BEST EVER, EASY questionnaire and the best part, IT REALLY WORKS!


Love this face! Kaylen as a baby April 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment