Friday, September 26, 2014

Sick Again?

Yesterday I took Livie for her 2 month check up. An hour and a half later we left without seeing the doctor. I spent a very long hour plus on the phone with the insurance company who cannot seem to get Livie added to our policy. Did I mention that this also happened at her one month check up and I spent over two hours in the waiting room at the doctors office with FOUR kids trying to get it straightened out?

I wanted to punch a hole in the wall. 

Just one more reason why the less I need to visit the doctor, the happier I am. 

If we went back in time and visited Jacob this time last year, we'd find that he had already been sick with the croup that we treated with a round of antibiotics and five (awful, no good) days on steroids. If we could see what was coming in the next week or so, it would be another round of croup followed by the same vicious cycle of meds. A third bout would soon follow that and then a fourth. 

Flash forward to real time and guess who hasn't been sick yet since school started? Jacob. In fact, Kaylen had croup about two weeks before school started and for the first time in his life, after being exposed to it, he did not get sick. It could be that he wasn't going to get it anyways, or it could be the consistent application of essential oils- both applied topically and diffused in the air- that has supported his immune system's ability to defend itself from this sickness that has plagued him his entire life. 

I. Love. These. Oils. 

We have had the opportunity to treat everything from baby acne to burns, from stomach bugs to sunburn and have had amazing results every time. This isn't to say the use of essential oils will always keep us from needing to see a doctor, nor that they are a cure all for everything that ails you. But for our family, they have been a huge blessing in time NOT spent at the doctor and money not paid there too. 

As we approach sick season, I've stocked up on my essential oils. And here's hoping, we won't be seeing the doctor anytime soon. I'd hate to put a hole in their nice sheet rock.















No comments:

Post a Comment