Sunday, August 17, 2014

La Leche

This one's for the mama's out there who are currently nursing or planning to nurse. Did I lose about 90% of you? I can imagine my male readership (all two of you) could not click out of this page fast enough. 

Well, I will keep it short and sweet. Here's the deal. If I could go back in time and do one mothering thing over again, I would go back and buy myself this - Click here for a link. My guilty conscience tells me I should probably go back in time and unthrow that one diaper at Jacob. Or uncall Jacob a toenail face. Or unscream at my kids at some point. Or do something more...meaningful. But then again, if there were no milk, where would we be? So, I guess this really is valid after all. 

Without any effort whatsoever, in the four weeks I've been nursing my infant, I have put away 17 four to five ounce meals for Livie in the freezer for future use. That's not counting the 5 or 6 four ounce bottles she has had. It's a very simple idea that I wish I would have thought of so I could be a millionaire. Simply use the milk saver on the side the baby is not nursing on and catch all the milk that would otherwise be absorbed and washed away, liquid gold down the drain. Brilliant? Yes. 

If you are nursing or plan to nurse, buy one. You won't be sorry. And this is not a paid advertisement, but it should be. 

The other thing you should know about is fennel essential oil for boosting milk production. This is a common complaint among breastfeeding moms. Some of us have braved Mother's Milk tea, the very mention of that name gives me shivers and nostril flares simultaneously.  Awful stuff.  Others have taken copious amounts of fenugreek. I never tried this, but I hear it makes you smell like onions or garlic or something. 

Make it stop, there must be an easier way! 

Drumroll please....try Young Living's Fennel Essential Oil to boost milk production!!

There are two methods for using the oil, one is to apply it topically, the other is to take it internally. I opted to take it with the second method- two drops in a spoonful of raw honey- because I have no desire to walk around smelling like licorice. That's what the fennel oil smells like and tastes like. It's a pungent, potent bite of honey going down, but beats drinking gallons of mother's milk tea hands down. And it works. 

I would like to point out that I am not telling you to go to a grocery store and buy fennel essential oil and drink it. Do not do that. I would only recommend using Young Living Essential Oils, as they are the only company to produce oils that are safe to ingest. 

Now go. Do what you need to do.  Hungry babies everywhere are thanking me. 

Ps. I can get you the oil if you need...just email me jsmith10204@gmail.com. 

No comments:

Post a Comment