Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Remarkable Women


I find it so interesting that the world scorns women who choose family over career, or working fewer hours so they can be home for more hours. I sat among a group of such women today. Remarkable women. Entrepreneurs, realtors, chefs, a veterinarian. Teachers, former teachers, seamstresses. Women with a gift for finance. Women who hold degrees. Some of them, more than one. 

Beautiful, intelligent women, who made beautiful intelligent decisions to view life as a gift. To view children as a blessing rather than a burden. Who chose to lay aside their dreams, to take up another dream for a time. Women who live lives in between dreams, yet who find their waking hours to be consumed with the delightful things that dreams are made of, children that we adore. 

I can look around the room full of women and there are so many stories. Women who have borne unbearable sadness with dignity and grace. Women who know how to forgive. Women who know how to sacrifice. Women who understand that loving is the best thing in the world. Women who know how to laugh, who understand the importance of friendship, who open their hearts. Women who stand with their husbands when times are tough, who champion their men to follow their dreams, who understand that loving their husbands is a priceless and precious gift to their children. 

Strong and beautiful, smart and witty. All shapes and sizes, each completely unique. I sat among a group of women today who made me so glad I'm living in between dreams too. 




1 comment:

  1. WOW...very well written. I feel better about my choices now. You are a remarkable woman of God, I enjoy being among the many women in this group. I feel that I can learn so much from being around all of you.
    P.S. you make it look so easy.

    ReplyDelete