Sunday, March 3, 2013

Dinner Is Served

Last week I did something I've wanted to do...for my entire married life. I made a menu and a shopping list. I've always known I needed to do this, and now that I have, it's definitely something I want to keep doing.

Shopping with a plan had multiple benefits: 1. I got through the store quicker. 2. I was under budget. 3. I was under budget. It's all about the budget, folks. 

Cooking with a plan had multiple benefits too. I didn't get to about 4 o'clock in my day and realize I forgot to take my meat out of the freezer, I didn't have to waste time sorting through my pantry to see what I had that I could work with, and I felt prepared and could even cook ahead if I needed to. I felt one with the kitchen. 

In an effort to keep up this new found organization, I've decided to add a section to my blog that includes our weekly menu (you can find it under the Whats for Dinner tab at the top of the page). Hopefully it will be a help to others like me, who have a lot on their plate and need a little push to regain control of our kitchen. When it's convenient, i.e. the recipe is something I can just add a link to, I will include them also. I know. You can thank me later. If it's not convenient, then I won't provide a recipe. Sorry, but come on, I have three kids ages four and under and them and their bodily fluids take up most of my time these days. 

Feeding my family is a joy and a privilege. And it's Biblical, straight out of Proverbs 31: She gets up while it is still night; she provides food for her family and portions for her female servants.  So I don't have any female servants, but I'd feed them too, if I did.

Putting a warm and tasty meal on the table is a small way of blessing my family, and ultimately serving God. I just hope this fragrant offering doesn't smell burnt! 


No comments:

Post a Comment